Alpen Wine Fest – Squaw Valley – Sept 2 2018
Fall is right around the corner, so now is the time to enjoy being here in the North Lake Tahoe – Truckee area!
This holiday weekend is loaded with fun events and things to do.
On Sunday, September 2, 2018 the 30th Annual Alpen Wine Festival will be held at the Village at Squaw Valley!
The Alpen Wine Fest – Squaw Valley – Sept 2 2018 at the Village at Squaw Valley, is an easy way to spend the day outside enjoying our sunshine, blue skies, live music and sampling some great wines!
At the Alpen Wine Fest you’ll get to sample wines from over 40 different wineries, or wine merchants.
This is a great way to find a new favorite wine, or try wines you are not already familiar with, or wouldn’t necessarily try on your own.
All proceeds benefit the Can Do MS, a non-profit foundation that delivers health and wellness education programs to families living with MS thrive.
If you love wine this is your chance to sample, and enjoy our beautiful Tahoe late summer weather (the weather forecast for this weekend is for sunshine and day time temperatures in the mid 70’s).
You’ll have from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. to wonder through the Village at Squaw Valley and enjoy this event.
What a great way to support a great non-profit group and make a fun day out of the donation!
In addition to the Alpen Wine Fest event, there will be other fun events are lined up here in our area for this weekend, and there will be something for everyone.
Starting with the last Friday evening beach music concert in downtown Kings Beach (Friday, Aug 31), the annual Foam Fest at the Village at Squaw Valley on Saturday, The Tahoe Donner Wild West Fest also on Saturday, the Alpen Wine Festival on Sunday, the final free Sunday Tahoe City beach concert, and the Homewood Arts and Crafts Fair (Friday, Saturday and Sunday).
Need more reasons to enjoy a fun weekend in the North Lake Tahoe – Truckee area? How about the Labor Day Firework show in Carnelian Bay on Sunday night at 8:30 p.m. We have so many great things to do in our area, it will be hard to do them all!
Here are the Alpen Wine Fest Event Details:
30th Annual Alpen Wine Fest – Squaw Valley – Sept 2 2018
- When: Sunday, September 2, 2018, 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Where: The Village at Squaw Valley, 1960 Squaw Valley Road, Olympic Valley, CA 96146
- Cost: $40 on-line, or $50 at the door – Wine Tasting Ticket (must be 21+ Age) Entry ticket includes a $10 donation and anniversary wine glass
- A Combo Ticket is also available: $60/per person Both Festivals: Foam Fest (Sat) and Wine Fest (Sun)
- Remember with over forty (40) different types of wineries and wine merchants at the event (a lot of wine to sample), you’ll want to make sure you either have a designated driver, take a cab, ride the bus – TART (Tahoe Area Rapid Transit), or spend the night at the Village! Enjoy and Be safe!
Want to know what wineries and wine merchants will be at the event? Here is a list of participants:
- Cantina Terlano
- Banville Wine Merchants
- Williams Selyem Winery
- Vias Wines
- Illanta Wines
- Kermit Lynch Wine Merchant
- Vintus Wines
- Aquitaine Wine Company
- Broc Cellars
- William Harrison Vineyards
- Patton Valley Vineyard
- Schug Winery
- Pico & Vine Wines
- Jeff Welbourne Selections
- Heintz Cellars
- Kenefick Ranch Winery
- Skurnik Wines
- Nuclear Wine Co.
- Lumen Wine Co.
- Domaine du Pegau,
- Hand Picked Selections
- West & Wilder Wines
- Hook & Ladder Winery
- Wrath Wines
- Mt Beautiful Wines
- Casa de Case Italian Wines
- Faire la Fete Sparkling
- Krutz-Magnolia Vineyards
- Lola Wines
- Kimberly- Jones Selections
- Gold Crush
- Easton/ Terre Rouge Wines
- Skinner Vineyards
- Venge Vineyards
- Sean Minor Wines
- Andis Wines
- Ancient Peaks Winery
- Newsome Harlow Wines
- Truckee River Winer
If you have been looking for a reason to come up to the Lake Tahoe – Truckee area, the 30th Annual Alpen Wine Fest in Squaw Valley is a good one.
Celebrate Labor Day weekend in the North Lake Tahoe -Truckee area with one of our special local events this weekend!
Here is a quick list of some of the more popular events this Labor Day weekend:
- Free Music Concert on the Beach in downtown Kings Beach Friday, August 31, 2018 starting at 6 p.m. – Last one of the season!
- 29th Foam Fest at Squaw Valley, Saturday, September 1, 2018, 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. benefiting Achieve Tahoe
- Tahoe Donner Wild West Fest Saturday, September 1, 2018 3 p.m – 8 p.m. Tahoe Donner Equestrian Center | Alder Creek Adventure Center
- Fine Arts Festival at Homewood Ski Resort, Homewood, CA Aug 31, September 1-2, 2018 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Labor Day Fireworks – Gar Woods Grill and Pier, Carnelian Bay, CA Sunday, Sept. 2, 2018 starting at 8:30 p.m. Fundraiser for The Monte Foundation benefiting North Tahoe Sports Programs.
- Free Music Concert at Commons Beach, Tahoe City, CA Sunday, September 2, 2018 starting at 4 p.m. This is the last event of the season!
Looking for more fun, local events? The North Lake Tahoe – Truckee area will still have a few weekly events once Labor Day has come and gone:
Ready to make the Squaw Valley area your second home? Check out what is for sale here:
- Squaw Valley Homes for Sale
- Squaw Valley Condos for Sale
- Resort at Squaw Creek Condos for Sale
- The Village at Squaw Valley Condos for Sale
- Lake Tahoe Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Homes for Sale on the North Shore of Lake Tahoe
- Homes for Sale on the West Shore of Lake Tahoe
For all of your Tahoe real estate needs –
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
Alpen Wine Fest – Squaw Valley – Sept 2 2018