Tahoe City Farmers Market 2018
The Tahoe City Farmers Market 2018 will open this Thursday, May 17, 2018!
Our fabulous summer season is almost here! The return of the Tahoe City Farmers Market in downtown Tahoe City is one of those first signals that summer is really on its way here for the North Lake Tahoe area!
If you’ll be up in the greater Tahoe City – Truckee area from May 17 – October 11, 2018 you’ll want to make sure to stop by the Tahoe City Farmers’ Market and take advantage of the fresh fruits, veggies, and bakery items just to name of few of the items you’ll find at the outdoor market!
You may not know that our local Tahoe City Farmers’ Market program is seasonal, and is a weather permitting event.
Local farmers and merchants from the greater Auburn Foothill area and the North Lake Tahoe area bring in their goods for sale into the downtown area of Tahoe City, California.
Items that you may find depending on the season are breads, pastries, jams, vinegar, olive oils, artesian cheeses (if you love cheese then you won’t want to miss the “Cheese Lady” from Dedrick’s Cheeses), meat, fish (yes, my Craig is a big fan of) The Little Fish Company and their Hawaiian Style Ahi Poke, and if you know what you want, you can always pre-order and pick-up at the market.
Our friend John Paine, owner of Paine Orchards always seems to have the most delicious peaches, nectarines, and pluots through out the season! There is nothing better than fresh-picked fruit off the trees!
Other items you’ll find at the Tahoe City Farmers Market – honey, herbs, mushrooms (yes there has been a vendor that offers just mushrooms), onions, beets, kale, chard, arugula, lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, potatoes, artichokes, asparagus, apples, strawberries, blue berries, black berries, apricots, peaches (yes, we have our favorite there – John Paine of Paine Orchards), depending on the season you’ll find a great assortment of fresh food, not to mention vendors.
Along with our fresh foods, there are also non-perishable goods for sale, which may include clothing, jewelry, soaps, lotions, and there is always the surprise of a new vendor!
If you you’re in the mood for something to eat right now, you’ll find specialty food vendors, which vary from week to week, but you may find crepes, cupcakes, and Indian food.
Want to learn more about the featured vendors? Here is a list of those vendors who are regulars, and if they have a website I’ve included that information so you can learn more about that vendor. : )
- Il Gusto Spoon – Specialty Foods made by a Chef
- Raffine Chocolates
- Dinner Bell Farm
- Hot and Healthy Foods | Creperie Food Truck
- McClaughry Farms Honey (at the market the first Thursday of each month)
- Paine Orchards (peaches, nectarines plums and pluots)
- Dedricks Cheese (Cheese, Crackers, Olives and Salami)
- The Baker and the Cakemaker, Inc. (Handcrafted Artisan Breads and Pastries, sourdough breads, muffins and scones)
- Rodriguez Farms (Organic produce including artichokes, beets, cauliflower and broccoli. Our fresh berries include organic strawberries, red and golden raspberries and blackberries.)
- Sugar Pine Cakery (Pasteries, Cookies, Brownies, Coffee, Espresso and lots of gluten free options)
- Rivka Knit Designs (Every item is hand knitted by Rebecca Maidman of Rivka Knit Designs. We have shawls, scarves, felted purses, gloves, neck warmers, headbands, hats, rasta hats, and infinity scarves.)
- Twin Peaks Orchards (We hand picked and packed tree ripened fruit. All produce is sustainable grown. We have an onsite farm stand, we produce jams, sauces, olive oil, pies and ice cream.)
- Tahoe Mountain Soaps (Hand crafted, natural soaps and lotions, sea sponges, soap dishes and East African shea butter.)
- Roti Pakistani Authentic Food (Samosa’s, Vegertarian, Spinach and Pumpkin Parantha (Stuffed Indian Breads), Meals (veg. and non veg.), Spices, Chutneys, Wraps (veg. and chicken), entries (veg. and chicken)
- Bravo Produce (Cherries, Apricots, Plums, Pluots, White Peaches, Yellow Peaches, Persimmons, Grapes, Tomatoes (Shady Lady), White & Yellow Nectarines, Pomegranates)
- Little Roots Farm (Microgreens, Salad mix, Edible Flowers, Heirloom Radish, Mini Head Lettuce)
- Sierra Valley Farms (Organic Green and vegetables, asparagus, horseradish, condiments.)
- Natural Trading Company (Produce, Fruit, Pastured Eggs)
- The Little Fish Company (Fish, poke, scallops, crab – in season items) You can pre-order your items ahead of time and pick-up..
In addition to Farmers Market in Tahoe City on Thursday mornings, there are two (2) other Farmers Markets in Truckee:
- Tuesday Mornings at the Truckee River Regional Park
- Sunday late mornings/early afternoon at the Sears Center.
You’ll find the Tahoe City Farmers’ Market open every Thursday morning from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the following location:
Tahoe City Farmers Market 2018
Thursday 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. | Tahoe City Farmers Market
- Commons Beach in downtown Tahoe City
- May 17, 2018 – October 11, 2018 more information: Tahoe City Farmers’ Market
The Tahoe City Farmers Market will remain at Commons Beach all season and will not move to another location mid-summer, so you’ll have lakeside shopping for the entire season!
If you’ll be in the greater Tahoe City area on any Thursday between mid May through mid October, just watch for the signs in downtown Tahoe City and make sure to stop by the Tahoe City Farmers Market!
It’s a great way to get some wonderful produce, fresh baked goods, and to just enjoy being here in Lake Tahoe.
See you at the Farmers’ Market in Tahoe City, California this year!
The North Lake Tahoe – Truckee area has a number of other free and fun weekly events to enjoy this summer (weather permitting):
Ready to make Tahoe City your second home? Check out what is for sale here:
- Tahoe City Homes for Sale
- Tahoe City Condos for Sale
- Lake Tahoe Lakefront Homes for Sale
- North Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
- West Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
For all of your Lake Tahoe – Truckee real estate needs – Call me at 530.414.1260, I can help you buy, or sell!
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
Tahoe City Farmers Market 2018