Why Buy a Second Home in Agate Bay?
Why buy a second home in Agate Bay is a question I often get from my North Shore Lake Tahoe – Truckee second home buyers that are considering all of the different Tahoe Resort communities as options.
Answer: Lifestyle | Location | Recreational Amenities
Agate Bay is a well-known, popular single family neighborhood in the greater Carnelian Bay community on the North Shore of Lake Tahoe!
This neighborhood is very desirable and is just slightly bigger than the Dollar Point neighborhood in Tahoe City with approximately +/-643 parcels, of which approximately 20 are lakefront properties.
In addition to the Agate Bay subdivision being a relatively small neighborhood, you’ll find wide streets and a number of properties with flat lots and driveways, along with easy access to the dog friendly public beaches in downtown Carnelian Bay!
Some of the properties have some type of view of Lake Tahoe, and a number of the homes in the subdivision back to open space. Agate Bay is a good mix of larger, newer construction homes along with a number of cabin style homes.
Agate Bay home owners also have the option for membership in the Agate Pier and Swim Club. The Agate Pier and Swim Club is an optional, voluntary recreational association that is available only to property owners located within the Agate Bay subdivision.
Agate Pier and Swim Club Home Owner Amenities Include:
- Pool / In-ground Spa | A seasonal pool and in-ground spa are open Father’s Day through Memorial Day for Tier I Members
- Beach | Gated Lake Tahoe beach/sundeck access for Tier II Members
- Pier | A Gated pier for Tier II Members and in the past they have had a seasonal pier attendant.
- Buoys | Tier II Members have access to a buoy field providing mooring. See Buoy rules for more information.
- Tennis | Seasonal – Two (2) courts located on the corner of Victoria and Pretoria Road – Tier I Members.
- Sand Volleyball Court | Seasonal Sand Volleyball Court located next to the pool. Tier I Members.
The Agate Pier and Swim Club has two membership levels; Tier I pool and tennis courts, and Tier II membership which access to the Pier and buoys along with including a Tier I Membership with access to the pool and tennis courts.
The annual cost has been less than $1,000/year with a reasonable transfer fee between members. Not every property has a membership. Membership can only be gained by purchasing a property that already has an existing membership (can be a Tier I, or Tier II membership), or to privately purchase a membership from another home owner in the subdivision.
The Club may, or may not have original new memberships available for sale, but you should ask if they do as another option to gain membership. You cannot have gain membership without owning property in the Agate Bay subdivision.
Agate Bay is easy to get to on a year-around basis. It is close to Kings Beach and Tahoe City. It is almost the same mileage to the Northstar Ski Resort area as it is the Alpine Meadows Ski Resort, and Squaw Valley is just a few more miles.
When Buyers look at the homes for sale in Agate Bay they will find the selection of luxury homes is limited when compared to other neighborhoods. Finding an Agate Bay homes for sale under $500,000 will also be a challenge as of 06-24-2017.
The Agate Bay neighborhood is a premiere Lake Tahoe recreational amenity neighborhood.
- Agate Bay Homes for Sale under $300,000
- Agate Bay Homes for Sale under $400,000
- Agate Bay Homes for Sale under $500,000
- Agate Bay Homes for Sale under $600,000
- Agate Bay Homes for Sale under $700,000
- Agate Bay Homes for Sale under $800,000
- Agate Bay Homes for Sale under $900,000
- Agate Bay Homes for Sale under $1 Million
Most of my Tahoe Second home owners know where they want to buy and can easily select the North Lake Tahoe area they want to focus on, but sometimes they want options and alternatives.
Sometimes it can be over-whelming when it comes to deciding on which North Shore of Lake Tahoe resort community is going to be the best one for you.
Is it Agate Bay, or perhaps other neighborhoods that also offer home owner lakefront amenity access like Dollar Point, Cedar Flat, or one of the near-by Tahoe City West Shore area resort communities like Tahoe Sierra Estates, Lake Tahoe Park, or Chambers Landing area (Chamberlands)?
As a Tahoe REALTOR® that specializes in working with Truckee – North Lake Tahoe second home Buyers and Sellers, it is not uncommon for my buyers to find themselves asking, which community is best for me.
There are no wrong choices here, all of our neighborhoods are great, but some locations might better serve your needs over others and with the help of your local Tahoe REALTOR® you’ll be able to narrow your choices down and find the right place to buy.
As a Tahoe second home Buyer, or Seller I’m here to get you more information and answers. Let me know how I can help you too!
Ready to make the Agate Bay, or Carnelian Bay area your second home? Check out Carnelian Bay homes for sale here:
- Carnelian Bay Homes for Sale
- Carnelian Bay Condos for Sale
- Carnelian Bay Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Agate Bay Homes for Sale
- Cedar Flat Homes for Sale
- Ridgewood Homes for Sale
- Fulton Acres Homes for Sale
- Lake Tahoe Lakefront Homes for Sale
- North Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
- West Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
- Lake Tahoe Condos for Sale
For all of your Tahoe real estate needs –
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
Why Buy a Second Home in Agate Bay?